Held every two years in the fall, Peterloon is the premier event of the Dan Beard Council.
The world's longest running Council Jamboree took its name from the Emery family farm where it was held annually from
1927 until 1956, when it became so large that it moved to Camp Lower Craig, also now called Cub Scout Adventure World,
at the Dan Beard Scout Reservation near Loveland, Ohio. over 6,000 Scout Youths, Adult Scouters, Leaders, Volunteers,
Parents, and Visitors attended Peterloon 2010 and a celebrated Scouitng's centennial together. Our tradition of
delivering the longest continually operating Camporee in the worldwide history of Scouting has been maintained
and extended another two years.
Click on this link for more information:
Peterloon website, Dan Beard Council
DATE AND TIME
Every two years (on the even-numbered years) ; usually some time in October
Camp Friedlander, Loveland, OH (near Cincinatti)
$30 for the first 20 attendees; $37 for all others
GENERIC NOTES FROM A PREVIOUS TRIP
- We will depart the Scout Hut Friday late afternoon (around 4:00 PM)
- Eat dinner beforehand or bring a bagged dinner to eat on the way.
- We will have a light Cracker Barrel before turning in to bed Friday night.
- Bring at least $10 for weekend camp food costs.
- Bring other money for Saturday’s lunch and any souvenirs or snacks. In 2010, Gold Star Chili and Chik-fil-A
provided hot foods for purchase at the dining pavilion.
- Bring a jacket or hoodie for Saturday night’s arena show. We will be sitting on a tarp on the ground for the show.
- We plan to return Sunday between 12:00 and 1:00 PM. We will call home with specific arrival time.