Troop 71 scouts and scouters buy and
prepare food and drinks for the less fortunate members of the
community. This event takes place on the second Saturday
of even-numbered months (February, April, etc.).
Food and drinks are collected at Aley United Methodist Church and brought to St. Paul's United Methodist Church, 101 Huffman Ave, Dayton, OH 45403-1915. One patrol from Troop 71 is assigned to serve the food and drinks at St. Paul's.
|Date and Time||
Saturday of February, April, June, August, October, December
Volunteers depart Aley Church no later than 7:45 AM
Food drop-off times:
- Friday before event, 7:00 - 7:15 PM;
- Saturday 7:30 - 7:45 AM
|Location||Troop 71 members meet at Aley UMC and depart for St. Paul's UMC no later than 7:45 AM|
None, other than cost of donated food
Scouts and scouters who participate or donate food/drinks will be awarded Service Hours. (One to three-and-a-half hours, depending on level of involvement.)
|Activity Leader||Mr. Bill Gordon, firstname.lastname@example.org, (937)|
Consent form (for scouts who will travel to St. Paul's church)
Food and drink items
Patrol to serve food and drinks
This activity needs two adults and one patrol to perform.
Mr. Gordon and one other usually are the activity leaders.
Click here for list of food and drinks (blank form) needed. needed. E-mail Mr. Bill Gordon, email@example.com -- to actually sign up for these items.
Click here for Egg Casserole recipe
Food and drink drop-off is no later than 7:45 AM the day of the event or as previously arranged with the Activity Leader. They make all the arrangements, including the tour permit through council. The following are the usual steps on a Saturday morning.
1. Meet scouts and Aley Church representative at Aley parking lot 7:45 AM (food drop off by providers unless other arrangements have been made)
2. Depart for St. Paul's 8:00 am (about a 10 minute drive)
3. Arrive at St. Paul's United Methodist Church around 8:10 and unload food items
4. 8:15 am to 9:00 am (the scouts do the following with adult supervision): cook sausage; prepare bread, rolls, bagel trays; set up cereal table/juice table; set up plates, wrap forks and spoons; set up toaster/breads/peanut butter, etc.; wash apples - set up fruit trays set up coffee area with cups, sugar, creamer (coffee is made by a St. Paul's employee); clean up
5. Depart St. Paul's approximately 10:00 am
6. Arrive Back to Aley for parents/guardians to pick up scouts
If Mr. Gordon is not present, the Activity Leader e-mails Mr. Gordon to let him know hours for community service.